Are leaders born or are they made?
The perennial question which exercises the minds of academics, consultants and great leaders alike. Whatever the answer, and whether the answer is ever found; at Expico we do know one thing;
If you are already a leader, find yourself in a leadership situation, or are planning to become a leader; in order to be a good leader, or even a great leader, there are some things you simply have to do.
Our leadership coaching utilises the Strength Management method where we concentrate on the key leadership functions of;
- Instilling mission and purpose
- Driving action
- Making decisions
- Solving problems
- Delegating tasks
- Giving feedback
- Communicating information
Our process analyses how our clients manage these key functions; understanding their strengths and identifying areas which can be developed and improved. We build a program to;
- Capitalise on existing strengths by learning to appreciate them, accept them and figure out how to make them even more productive
- Augment their leadership qualities by recognising strengths in others and seeing how they can be added to their competency set in order to improve effectiveness
- Extend those least used qualities by practicing them in low risk situations, eventually becoming adept at a completely new set of leadership competencies
- Bridge their behaviours to align with the styles of others to become better influencers and leaders; and learning how to get others to modify their approach so that communication is more effective
- Manage excesses so that stress and conflict are dealt with effectively
The Strength Management Leadership Programme focuses on results and our practical exercises, underpinned by powerful personal coaching seek observable changes in behaviour.
'Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results not attributes.'